Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Power of Gratitude

Sometimes we can find ourselves in a funk, where it is easy to look at the negative side of things, to focus on what we don’t have or what is wrong with our lives. This pattern of thinking, though, only holds us in this depressing spot and attracts more of what we are dwelling upon.

I find gratitude to be a powerful force to disperse with this mindset. Counting my blessings... Grateful thoughts help me focus on what is successful in my life, which in turn draws the positive energy of others me to and opens me to affirming experiences.

We each define our own reality with our thoughts and beliefs.  If we see our life as not working, miserable, unhappy, THIS IS THE TRUTH. But if we believe we are abundantly blessed, we are. Expressing gratitude for our blessings reminds us of how lucky we are, actualizing our blessings even further, multiplying them, expanding them to all areas of your life.

I wanted to share ten things I love and am abundantly grateful for...

... my ability to love and be loved
... having such a wonderful family
... having so many terrific friends
... my health and fitness
... the fact that I get to take long walks and runs outside
... having such a fulfilling job as a personal trainer that allows me to help others
... the recent spring rain storms
... my home
... my Blog and Blog readers
... being creative and being able to write

I am truly grateful for all of this and more. I am blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment